One thing you must always keep in mind is that shopping over the Internet is really not that different from actual retail shopping. If customers like the products and services, chances are More »
Many homeowners prefer central air conditioning systems due to the number of benefits they offer compared to conventional A/Cs. The overall costs of central A/Cs may be daunting at first, but the payoff is definitely worth the money.
Central air-conditioning systems offer either whole-house or large-commercial-space cooling. Also, with air-louver-control boxes, they often have moderate multi-zone temperature control feature.
Here are some benefits central air conditioners can offer their users:
• The surrounding air is pulled into the air handler unit through return air ducts from each room. This air is filtered; thus, removing all airborne particles such as dust, pollen, allergens, lint, pet dander, and other pollutants. This filtered and clean air is then routed back to the rooms by a separate ductwork system. Thus, central air conditioning systems send cool air through these ducts or vents located in each room.
• The condenser, fan, and compressor of a central A/C system are located in a completely different outdoor unit that you can place wherever you want. This leads to less or no noise.
• They are much easier to handle and operate, as the system is controlled by a single console that can be customized and programmed to run at the time and temperature you set. The air cleaning filters of centralized air conditioning unit are very efficient and can be easily replaced.
• The aesthetics of your home remain unaffected when you install a central A/C system, unlike a conventional single-room A/C installed on the windows. As the former is not immediately obvious, it doesn’t affect the view of the house from both the outside and the inside. This maintains the modern look of your house.
Many home A/C experts suggest going for this type of air conditioning system to enjoy the following advantages. Apart from getting a good quality A/C system, maintain your indoor air quality to keep everyone at home disease-free.
The sun’s warmth gives off a relaxing feeling. But, too much exposure to the sun can cause severe damages. It can make your skin age faster, giving you wrinkles and age spots. Over time, the sun’s UV rays will start damaging the elastin fibers in your skin, making it stretch, sag and lose its elasticity. You may even get bruises easily.
As more people begin to understand the damaging effects of the sun, the demand for sun protection products will continue to increase.
Although some types of skin problems may no longer be irreparable, there are ways to prevent further damage. You can go for sunscreens that prevent the UV rays from damaging your skin through their chemical ingredients. These sunscreens come with SPFs or sun protection factors. Typically, it takes about 20 minutes for your skin to get burnt by the sun. So, a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 would protect your skin for about 5 hours. Most dermatologists recommend SPF 30.
Neutrogena Philippines offers the following tips on how to prevent sun damage:
- Before exposing your skin to the sun, you need to apply a sunscreen with at least SPF 30 half an hour before going out. In case you are swimming or sweating, repeat this step every 2 hours or so.
- The cosmetic products you use and even the contact lens you wear should offer UV protection.
- When going out, wear sunglasses that offer complete UV protection.
- Minimize your skin’s sun exposure by wearing shirts with long sleeves, pants and wide-brimmed hats.
- It is better not to go out from 10 am to 2 pm, as these are peak UV radiation hours. But, if you need to go, use some sun protection products.
- Avoid tanning beds at all costs.
Exposure to the sun is the number one cause of skin cancer. Therefore, it is necessary to keep your skin protected and examine it for any unusual spots.
When it comes to homes, buyers usually have two options. You can either buy an already built one or, if you want it to be personalized, you can get a custom home instead. Ready built homes, while offering you the convenience of simply moving in, may not give you enough satisfaction, especially if you want specific designs in your property. Here are some of the advantages of purchasing a custom-built home:
Control over Design
When you choose to get a custom-built home, you will have full control over the design aspect of the property. Unlike ready-built homes where you are left with what has already been designed and constructed, custom-built properties give you the opportunity to really build the home of your dreams. Berstanhomes.com.au, one of the trusted names in home building in Melbourne, suggests working with a custom home contractor and their architect to design a property that fits your specifications and budget.
Unique and Original
It is not uncommon for ready built homes to be mass produced. In a neighborhood, there may be lines of houses with the same design and amenities. If you want to stand out from the crowd of roofs that dot the suburban landscape, then building a custom home will give you that satisfaction. You can either work on an original design or integrate what you want with existing architectural templates to create a home that is truly unique and original.
When you go for a custom home, you also have full control about the type of materials used. This is not possible with ready built homes because the price is already tied up with the materials used. In custom-built homes, you can choose different materials with specific properties to complement what you want not just from an aesthetic standpoint but also from a functional one as well. For instance, it is common for ready built homes to use a gravel line driveway. While this may be more affordable, it has its own set of issues. You have the option to use concrete in your driveway rather than gravel alone, which gives you more flexibility, especially if you are going to expose it to higher traffic.
A good night’s sleep is important for the mind and body. It recharges you for another day, so any kind of interruption could make you grumpy and less attentive. Many homeowners believe that the best way to solve this is by promoting an ideal environment for sleeping. If you’re looking for a good mattress, why not try a soft-side or hard-side waterbed to get the following benefits:
For Sleep Disorders
Many external factors can affect a good night’s sleep, like the bed. It should support the entire body, not make it difficult for you to go into a restful state. If you keep on tossing and turning at night, it’s probably time for you to buy a new mattress.
According to furniture shops like Actionwood, and Sleep Like the Dead, a sleep product research site, waterbeds have a lifespan of nine to 20 years. It’s a good investment for every homeowner, as it’s a quick and more affordable solution than taking medications for sleep disorders.
Sleeping on waterbeds decreases mental fatigue and stress levels, allowing you to feel refreshed every time you wake up. It can make you more motivated to start your day. As the body is made of up to 75% water, it also helps balance the Zen or your inner energy, stamina, and zeal.
According to the American Chiropractic Association, about 31 million people in the US experience low-back pain at some point in their lives. It’s among the reasons why they skip work and spend at least $50 billion on treatment yearly. Back pain is also the leading cause of disabilities worldwide. Preventing this condition is simple, though. All you need is to sleep in a bed that supports the spine and does not put undue pressure on any part of your body while you’re supposed to be resting.
Don’t underestimate the power of a good night’s sleep. If you feel uncomfortable while sleeping, you might need to change a few things in your bedroom to solve this. It pays to invest now, rather than spend money on treatments later.
So, you have just bought the car of your dreams. Then you realize your newly bought vehicle is not the only one in the world. There could be many others with similar models rolling on the roads. In this case, how can you make your car uniquely yours?
Yes, you could buy unique accessories for your dream wheels. But why not consider tinting it as well? Not only will tinting your car make the model stand out, but it will also offer several practical advantages.
According to Tint Works, the following are some of the benefits of tinting:
• helps keep the sunlight away and reduces the heat generated within the vehicle
• offers protection against the harmful UV rays radiated by the sun that are known to cause skin cancer
• offers excellent privacy as no one can see from the outside
• lowers the risk of theft of some valuables you might have left in the car
• makes your car look stylish in any weather
You can choose from different types of tints available to suit your car. Some of the popular types include:
• Dyed tinting film – made of polyester layer and dye layer glued together. This is ideal, if the blackest tinting is required.
• Hybrid tinting film – dyed tinting film with metal combined into it. This is regarded as a good choice for its charcoal shade.
• Carbon tinting film – highly practical, as it blocks infra-red rays and is highly durable.
• Ceramic tinting film – composed of nano-ceramic technology. It is better at blocking heat and UV rays, but does not darken the window like dyed or hybrid films.
• Crystalline tinting film – the best choice, as it is clear yet offers good heat reduction.
Choose one among the available car tinting films based on the performance required. With this, you will boost your car’s appearance considerably. You will enjoy functional benefits, too.
All staff within firms who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) are required to have a certain level of knowledge regarding the regulatory environment and their regulatory obligations. However, directors, senior management, internal compliance staff and financial advisers will need a higher level of knowledge than the administration staff.
Financial advisers need to carry out 35 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) every year, of which at least 21 hours must comprise ‘structured CPD’, i.e. formal study, courses, seminars, and workshops, among others. ScottRobert.co.uk says applications for CCL renewal require a specific amount of training.
Thus, a firm needs to understand areas such as:
• The FCA rules relevant to their business activities
• The compliance procedures that need to be in place
• What ‘treating customers fairly’ means
• What having a ‘compliance culture’ within a firm means
• How it should describe its services
• The information that needs to be provided to clients
• The advice standards expected
• What to consider when reviewing a client file
• How advisers’ competence should be monitored
• The compliance records that need to be maintained
• How management information should be used to aid decision making
• How risks should identified and managed
• The FCA’s reporting requirements
• What a complaint is, and how one should be handled
• What a suspicious transaction is, and how one should be handled
• The potential consequences of non-compliance
It is also important to repeat your training on a regular basis. It could be an annual update. Changes in the regulatory environment occur regularly, and the knowledge imparted in a training session can be forgotten over time, so regular refresher sessions are vital.
Carrying out training can also help staff morale and retention levels. So, look for organisations with many years of experience in providing training to regulated firms on their compliance obligations.
Gardening is a rewarding but sometimes demanding pastime. Many people are interested in growing their own food, yet never try because they believe that it is too difficult or they don’t have enough time. While some plants definitely need a lot of care to thrive, these crops require little more than good soil, sun, and water to grow. Research is necessary, but they are generally very easy to take care of once you get started.
These plants are cheap, and are perfect for the inexperienced or busy gardener. Fertilizer expenses add up though, so a backyard compost bin kit from compostinghome.com.au can offset the costs of your garden.
1. Carrots – One of the easiest crops to grow, they are resistant to most pests and diseases, and are suitable for gardens of any size. While the orange carrot is definitely the most popular, they actually come in a wide variety of colours. They thrive in loose, rock free soil, and you should give them plenty of vertical space to prevent stunting or forking.
2. Garlic – Another crop that is ridiculously easy to grow is garlic. While they need very fertile soil, it takes up so little ground that it’s viable even in the tiniest gardens. One growing season produces more garlic that you’ll need so share them with your friends.
3. Onions – Almost every kitchen garden has at least a few onions. They are delicious, low maintenance, and very hardy. Perennial types, such as the Egyptian walking onions will multiply so much that you will have more onions than you know what to do with. If you leave them alone, they might take over your garden, so be sure to control their population.
4. Tomatoes – The tomato can be planted just about anywhere, and a little care will reward you with fresh, juicy tomatoes for your salads. They take a long time to grow, however, and are susceptible to a few common problems. A little more patience is needed here compared to the other plants on this list, but it is well worth it.
Growing your own food is a liberating feeling, and it is something everybody should try at least once. These four plants are a great place for you to start.
When you are dealing with properties and lands for sale, chances are you are going to make a sizeable profit if your timing is right. In Australia, Cranbourne is fast developing into a top property investment destination, with reasonable land prices and ideal environment for residence, vacation or business.
Through an Increase in Property Value
Huntclub.com.au suggests buying land in Cranbourne as a safe investment that may bring a hefty amount. Keep in mind, however, that the best time to deal with land purchase is when the inflation rate exceeds the long-term debt current rate. This is when people acquire properties by borrowing money and subsequently waiting for inflation to spiral. That’s an easier option to pay off mortgages. By doing this, many investors in real estate made huge amounts of money in the 70’s and the early 80’s, as inflation spiralled out of control.
Through Rental Income
Also, real estate yields profits because of certain business activities and special services. For instance, a hotel owner may sell movies on-demand to guests, an owner of an office building may make money by letting out space for car parking and vending machines, and a car wash owner might install vacuum cleaners that are time-controlled to make extra money. These investments require some sub-specialty knowledge like building, designing, operating and owning car washes.
Through Real Estate Business Operations
There is a popular saying that “land never cheats.” History has proved repeatedly that anybody owning land has sold it later to make a reasonable profit. Due to the rise in global population, the need for housing has gone up tremendously. The real estate business, therefore, has begun to boom globally with more real estate developers coming in. Landowners can benefit enormously, if their timing for selling is right. You need to observe the market before selling. Otherwise, the loss could be substantial. All it takes is finding the right person to broker the deal between the buyer and seller to get the best prices.
LED lighting technology is becoming increasingly popular for urban farming and indoor growing. Read on to learn more about the five key benefits of LED grow lights.
Huge Energy Savings
If you’ve tried to maintain an indoor growing project, you’ve probably noticed the different problems associated with some grow lights. Fluorescent lights give the wrong color spectrum, incandescent lights provide too low illumination, and halogen lights release too much heat.
Apart from these facts, each of these lights consumes a large amount of power. LED grow lights, on the other hand, use 60 percent less electricity yet produce the same amount of light as incandescent and halogen bulbs.
More Light, Less Heat
According to Growblu, LED grow lights operate using a diode that generates almost no heat. It’s also changeable that it can match any color within the light spectrum. This is the reason many sectors use LED grow lights to grow plants in a greenhouse.
LED grow lights are more flexible in design compared to other lighting methods. This is particularly important for greenhouse lighting, as different methods can be used for optimal lighting of different plants. You can use LED as ceiling lights, inter-lighting designs between plants, and multilayer vertical systems.
The Right Wavelengths
For plants to be healthy in a greenhouse environment, they need to grow under the right light and temperature for photosynthesis to occur naturally. Studies show that plants of any sort are most sensitive to certain wavelengths of light. They also absorb more chlorophyll when exposed to red and blue lighting.
The highest efficiency of chlorophyll absorption is between 400 to 500 nm and between 600 to 700nm. Traditional lighting falls outside this range, making LED grow lights the better option.
Compared to other illumination technologies, LED lights have longer lifespan. Unlike other bulbs that suddenly stop working, LED lights slowly decrease in brightness, so you’ll have time to install a new set of lights.
LED lights may cost more than traditional lighting systems. But, if you’re to consider the long-term savings associated with these lights, you’ll realize that they’re a better choice.
It’s common for some motorists to use ATF in their gearbox. ATF or automatic transmission fluid is semi-synthetic gear oil that features additional and specific formulated qualities. Its main function is to provide lubrication to the drive gear set. Its other functions are entirely circumstantial and are related to the nature of the specific components within the transmission itself.
There are different types of automatic transmission fluid designed for certain kinds of transmissions. The technical reasons for choosing one type of lubricant over the other come from the metallurgy used and the kind of gear profile present. These may include loading factors, bearing size and structure, shock loading requirements and anticipated temperature use. To learn more about them, Citywest Automatic Transmission offers the following details:
Years of Usage
Interestingly, automatic transmission fluids have been used in manual gearboxes for many decades. European cars back in the 1950s already use this fluid in their corresponding manual gearbox. Many light and heavy trucks have used them without any trouble. That is a testament to the reliability offered by automatic transmission fluid.
The main advantages of using automatic transmission fluid against gear oil are its low pour point and low viscosities at 40C and 100C. It’s also quite reliable to use even at very high temperatures. The result is a highly robust manual gearbox that offers excellent cold ambient gear selection features and shift feel even at very hot temperatures.
Moreover, the overall lower viscosity offered by automatic transmission fluid than regular gear oil assists in helping cool the gearbox components. Plus, it also has “other” added benefits like anti-foaming, seal and component cleanliness and superb thermal, shear and oxidation stability. Fully synthetic automatic transmission fluid variants are often used as a lifetime fill in manual gearboxes due to their excellent stability and durability for long-term usage. Refer to your vehicle maker’s manual in choose which type of ATF to use for your car.